Are you looking for the cheapest way to fill Gabion Baskets? If so – hopefully this will give you some ideas!
If you’re planning to use gabion baskets in your garden, property or for work – you may be looking for the cheapest way to fill gabion baskets. If you’re not too bothered about the aesthetics of the stone inside your gabion baskets, then looking for the cheapest way to fill gabion baskets is definitely a good idea.
You’ll know, with gabion baskets, whatever volume your gabion baskets hold, you’ll need that volume in rocks or stones to fill and weight the gabion baskets down.
With gabion baskets, usually you’re either prioritising the aesthetic (appearance) of the stones, or you’re not. Chances are, if you’re looking for the cheapest way to fill gabion baskets, you’re not bothered about how the ‘fillings’ look, you just want some stones in there to create the effect.
- This gabion wall has been specially designed for garden projects, sound insulation, and privacy protection. It will become an eye-catcher in your garden, patio or yard.
- The gabion basket offers an easy way to build a strong retaining wall wherever you need to keep out the wind, precipitation, etc.The sturdy gabion has been designed to be filled with rocks or gravel
- Made of rustproof and weather-resistant galvanised steel, the retaining wall is very stable and durable
- The mesh grid is built by welding transverse and longitudinal wires at every intersection for extra stability
- The gabion basket is delivered with top and bottom covers to keep the fillings fixed shape
- Dimensions: 0.55m x 0.55m x 0.55m
- Aperture: 76.2mm x 76.2mm
- Thickness: 3mm
- Pack Contains: 10x Gabion Basket
- Galfan Coated
- Bring your ideas to life: create a DIY stone bench, a beautiful flower bed or an original partition to your driveway. Your garden deserves these 100 x 30 x 30 cm gabions from Songmics
- No tools required: Although the final result is complicated, the assembly of this wire fence is quick and easy. Insert the different mesh wires together and connect them with the enclosed spirals. Please do not forget to attach the spacer hooks to increase the stability of the gabions when filling with stones
- HIGH QUALITY...: The 8 mm thick galvanised steel wire is corrosion and rust resistant. The sturdy spacer hooks help keep the entire construction together, giving you an extremely strong and durable product
- And yet comfortable: you can also connect several stone gabions together and pull up a high-quality stone wall - awaken your creativity!
- What you get: 5 gabions to separate, demarcate and decorate your garden. Create your own stylish garden landscape with a unique look
- This gabion basket has been specifically designed as a decorative and sound-insulating garden barrier.
- The gabion basket offers an easy way to build a strong retaining wall wherever you need to keep out the wind, precipitation, etc.Made of rustproof and weather-resistant galvanised steel, the gabion basket is very stable and durable
- The mesh grid is formed by spot welding transverse and longitudinal wires at each and every intersection
- With a wire diameter of 3.5 mm, the gabion is very sturdy
- The gabion has been designed to be filled with rocks or gravel for quick construction
- 6 galvanised gabion baskets which can be used to bring your creations to life.
- 180 FREE gabion connectors to help attach the baskets together.
- 24 FREE strengthening gabion hooks included to reinforce and maintain the shape of the baskets.
- FREE CE certified comfortable protective gloves guarantee easy assembly.
- FREE next working day UK mainland delivery when ordered by 2pm (excluding Scottish Highlands).
So, the cheapest way to fill gabion baskets?
The most obvious choices for fill gabion boxes cheaply, is using old items you may be able to buy second-hand, or extremely cheaply from building sites or constuction sites:
Old bricks and blocks
These are a great option for filling gabion baskets very cheaply. You may be able to buy these for a cheap price from local constructions companies or building sites (as they may have broken bricks or deliveries they need to get rid of). You can also find cheap bricks from local sellers on places like Facebook marketplace.
Old paving stones
If you’re re-doing your entire garden, then pulling up old paving stones (and then breaking them up into small pieces) would allow you to easily and cheap fill you gabions baskets.
Outline with expensive stone then fill with cheaper ones
Another option to fill gabion baskets cheaply is by investing a little money in a small amount of higher priced stones (for the outside layers that are visible) and then filling the middle with a cheaper stone or rubble. This is a great idea as it keeps the aesthetic appearance in tact and still means your gabion baskets look great!
Ask your neighbours!
Neighbours are always doing work on their houses, and many will be demolishing walls. Those walls they’re getting rid of will be full of bricks that are no longer needed – so they could be the filling for your gabion basket! If your local area has a whatsapp group or a facebook group, it’s worth asking in there if anyone has any home-renovations planned.
If you save up your wine bottles, you could actually fill your gabion baskets with wine bottles. This is a really quirky option for filling gabion baskets cheaply – and it looks great too! This looks really stylish and cool – we absolutely love it!
We hope this list of cheapest ways to fill gabion baskets has been helpful!
Hopefully this list of the cheapest ways to fill gabion baskets has given you lots of ideas and inspiration! Let us know if you try and of these ideas out!